Welcome! The Nevada County Contractors' Association is a non-profit association of general contractors, sub-contractors, building material suppliers, and other related construction industry businesses. The purpose of the NCCA is to promote high standards, integrity and ethical practices within the construction industry.
The best professionals tend to join their industry associations. They seek opportunities to learn as much as they can about their industry and to stay on top of current events and issues, as well as to participate in industry-specific training and network with their peers. They join to give back to their industry and communities by participating in volunteer service efforts. They also join as agents of change, working to shape legislative and regulatory policies that support the housing industry. They find all this, and more, through NCCA Membership.
One of NCCA’s top priorities is to educate consumers about finding and working with dependable contractors. Doing your homework can make all the difference in the success of your project.
• One way to ensure you have found a reliable, well-trained professional is to simply ask, “Do you belong to the Nevada County Contractors’ Association?”
• Explore our website to identify builders or remodelers listed in the Member Directory.
• Interview 3-5 prospects, in person.
• Verify your contractor’s background and check references – contact their materials suppliers, make sure they’re licensed by visiting the Contractors State License Board Website, call recent customers.
• Nail down the contract – get all the details in writing.
• Call the NCCA for help with your project and selecting your contractor (530) 274-1919.
Jan Fleming has been designing landcapes since the mid-eighties in Santa Barbara County and moved her business up to Nevada County in 2004 to fulfill her dream of getting back to the mountains and forests. She designs many various projects, both residential and small commercial, from Truckee to Roseville.Give Jan a call if you are looking for help dreaming up your garden and getting it planned!
Grass Valley |(530) 274-1193